School of Education
Preparing Effective Teachers who are Competent, Caring, and Committed!
How are OPSU Teacher Ed. Candidates Doing? Here are Certification Exam Scores and Pass Rates, along with graduation GPA's since 2010/2011.
- Certification Exam Test Scores for 2010/2011 Average GPA=3.394
- Certification Exam Test Scores for 2011/2012 Average GPA=3.376
- Certification Exam Test Scores for 2012/2013 Average GPA=3.332
- Certification Exam Test Scores for 2013/2014 Average GPA=3.525
- Certification Exam Test Scores for 2014/2015 Average GPA=3.3985
OPSU Teacher Education candidates are encouraged to join a professional organization prior to their Internship. While OPSU has a strong SOEA club, sponsored by the Oklahoma Education Association, this is NOT the only organization that provides benefits for student teachers. Others include the following:
- Association of American Educators
- American Federation of Teachers
- Christian Educators Association International
- Professional Oklahoma Educators
- (others will be listed as information becomes available)
Candidates are encouraged to review each of these organizations for their benefits. Oklahoma Panhandle State University will provide equal access for any professional organization that supports teacher preparation. Organizations that support student teaching are welcomed on the OPSU campus to present information, provide workshops, make available materials for posting on bulletin boards, etc., but are asked to schedule all meetings through the office of the School of Education. Directory information for current candidates will be provided to professional organizations that request them.