Oklahoma Panhandle State University
Tips for Successfully Completing NIRA Membership($245)
1. Application must be signed.
2. Full Release of Liability must be signed (if you are under 21, your parent or legal guardian must sign also).
3. If this is your first year of college rodeo, you must complete the high school verification form (perforated on the edge of the form). It must have an official signature from the registrar or high school principal.
4. You must submit OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS (not copies from other institutions), including all college courses taken during high school.
5. Do not send a personal check - no personal checks will be accepted. Only money orders or cashiers checks will be accepted.
6. If you are attending a non-member school (member schools are listed on the back of the application), you must have the president of dean of students from your institution sign and seal the application.
7. If you are attending a non-member school, you must include an additional $5 for membership.
8. Do not forget to submit the Certificate of Clearance. Wouldn't be prudent.
9. Faxes are not accepted on transcripts, high school verification, or presidential signature and seal.
10. If you are unclear on rodeo entry procedures and deadlines, you are strongly encouraged to contact your faculty director. The list of directors is included with this packet.
11. Independent rodeo contestants are encouraged to contact the faculty director for their region as soon as possible.
12. If you have any questions on eligibility, do not hesitate to contact your faculty director.
13. You are strongly encouraged to submit your application in good time, weeks before the first rodeo. This will ensure that the national office will have time to notify you or coach of any problems.
14. Please note, that membership cut-off deadlines are the day before the master entry list is faxed to the regional secretary and faculty director. You are encouraged to become familiar with your region's policies on closing dates. If your membership is not fully approved by that closing date, you will not be allowed to compete in that rodeo.
15. Absolutely no refunds will be allowed.
16. If you are attending a member institution, you must have your coach sign your application.