Oklahoma Panhandle State University
OPSU / Murphy-Brown
Water Quality Testing Laboratory
The Water Quality Laboratory offers drinking water, wastewater, and other testing services to communities, businesses, schools and individuals in the Oklahoma panhandle and nearby areas.
Customers are welcome to send samples or bring them to the laboratory.
All tests include kit for sample collection. These are available at the lab, or can be shipped to you.
We are accredited in Oklahoma for various regulated testing of drinking water and wastewater. For details see Analyte Information (test methods, codes)
Our normal business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00AM until 4:30PM, throughout the year, with the following exceptions.
We are closed and not available to accept samples during these times:
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (4th Thursday and following Friday in November)
- Christmas through New Year's (determined annually, check website)
LABORATORY RECEIVING HOURS
Samples are received any time during normal business hours in the Science and Agriculture Building room 119.
For samples received after 3:00 PM on Thursdays, or on Fridays, or days before holidays
The following sample types have special time receipt conditions.
- "Bac-T" (presence/absence of total coliform and E. coli bacteria in drinking water)
- Fecal coliform bacteria in wastewater
- Nitrate and/or Nitrite
- BOD5 and CBOD5
These sample types have specific time limits for testing after collection.
We may not be available to run these tests when received on Fridays or before a holiday.
Depending on lab staff availability, these samples may be rejected.
For these sample types, the following conditions apply.
- Samples received on a Friday will have a 200% surcharge.
- Samples received on the day before any holiday will have a 300% surcharge.
- Samples received after 3:00 PM on a Thursday or the day before the last workday before a holiday will be billed at the Friday and/or day before a holiday surcharge rates.
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions.