Oklahoma Panhandle State University
OPSU / Murphy-Brown
Water Quality Testing Laboratory
OPSU is pleased to offer water testing services to communities, businesses, schools and individuals in the Oklahoma panhandle and nearby areas.
Customers are welcome to send samples or bring them to the laboratory.
All tests include kit for sample collection. These are available at the lab, or can be shipped to you.
The laboratory will be closed:
- For the Thanksgiving holiday, November 28 and 29
- For the Christmas holiday beginning December 24, 2013 and will reopen January 2, 2014
See below for further information regarding sample receiving hours.
We are accredited in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas for various regulatory testing of drinking water. For details see Analyte Information (test methods, codes)
Our normal business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00AM until 4:30PM, throughout the year, with the following exceptions.
We are closed and not available to accept samples during these times:
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (4th Thursday and following Friday in November)
- Christmas through New Years (determined annually, check website)
LABORATORY RECEIVING HOURS
Samples are received any time during normal business hours at the receiving window in the Science and Agriculture Building room 119.
For samples received after 3:00 PM on Thursdays, or on Fridays, or days before holidays
The following sample types have special time receipt conditions.
- “Bac-T” (for presence/absence of coliform bacteria in drinking water)
- Fecal coliform (for quantitation in wastewater)
- Nitrate and/or Nitrite (for quantitation in drinking water or wastewater)
- Phosphate (for quantitation in drinking water or wastewater)
These sample types have specific time limits for testing after collection.
We may not be available to run these tests when received on Fridays or before a holiday.
Depending on lab staff availability, these samples may be rejected.
For these sample types, the following conditions apply.
- Samples received on a Friday will have a 200% surcharge.
- Samples received on the day before any holiday will have a 300% surcharge.
- Samples received after 3:00 PM on a Thursday or the day before the last workday before a holiday will be billed at the Friday and/or day before a holiday surcharge rates.
LEAD AND COPPER TESTING
For information about schedules, notification and testing see Information for Public Water Systems operating under Lead and Copper monitoring requirements