Oklahoma Panhandle State University
OPSU / Murphy-Brown
Water Quality Testing Laboratory
OPSU is pleased to offer water testing services to communities, businesses, schools and individuals in the Oklahoma panhandle and nearby areas.
Customers are welcome to send samples or bring them to the laboratory.
All tests include kit for sample collection. These are available at the lab, or can be shipped to you.
We are accredited in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas for various regulatory testing of drinking water. For details see Analyte Information (test methods, codes)
Our normal business hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00AM until 4:00PM, throughout the year, with the following exceptions.
We are closed and not available to accept samples during these times:
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (4th Thursday and following Friday in November)
- Christmas through New Years (approximately 10 days, determined annually, check website)
Please plan your sampling and testing needs accordingly.
FOR SAMPLES RECEIVED ON FRIDAYS AND DAYS BEFORE HOLIDAYS
- The following sample types have specific time limits for testing after collection.
We may not be available to run these tests when received on Fridays or before a holiday.
Depending on lab staff availability, these samples may be rejected.
- Drinking water coliform “Bac-T” samples (24-hours)
- Fecal coliform bacteria samples for quantitation (18-hours)
- Nitrate, Nitrite and/or Phosphate samples (48-hours)
- Contact the lab BEFORE sending samples.
- If staff is available AND the sample is accepted, there will be a 100% surcharge!
DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER
- During inclement weather the university and laboratory may be closed.
- BEFORE bringing or sending samples, check the OPSU homepage for university closure notices.
- Laboratory operational status may also be available on our general telephone number (580) 349-1563.