Oklahoma Panhandle State University
From time to time, the Association uses interest earned from the life memberships to help fund projects that beautify or better the campus.
Donations from alumni and friends help in a large part to fund these projects as well.
Nine of the most recent projects funded totally or in part by the Association are:
- The Plainsman sign on Highway 54 south of the main entrance to the campus,
- The clock tower and chimes in the center of the plaza
- The Alumni Solarium addition to the Student Union Building
- Memorials to alumni lost in the Oklahoma City bombing and America's military conflicts
- The purchase of 200 chairs and 25 banquet tables for the new Noble Cultural and Activity Center
- Three war murals created by the OPSU art department mounted outside the McKee Library
- The purchase of a digital video camera to document oral Histories for the Centennial Celebration in 2009
- Clocktower Chime Upgrade - The campus clocktower required an upgrade to play music again. The upgrade was made in 2012 also allowing digital recording via a keyboard attachment, as well as a libray of many pre-recorded tracks.
Current Projects in progress are:
- The Barbecue Beef Fund Endowment - The association provides a free Barbecue during homecoming and after the parade. It is the goal of the association to endow $40,000 so that the interest earned on that endowment will cover the cost of the barbecue completely. As of 10/21/2011, we have approximately $30,000 in the fund.