From time to time, the Association uses interest earned from the life memberships to help fund projects that beautify or better the campus.
Donations from alumni and friends help in a large part to fund these projects as well.
Nine of the most recent projects funded totally or in part by the Association are:
- The Plainsman sign on Highway 54 south of the main entrance to the campus,
- The clock tower and chimes in the center of the plaza
- The Alumni Solarium addition to the Student Union Building
- Memorials to alumni lost in the Oklahoma City bombing and America's military conflicts
- The purchase of 200 chairs and 25 banquet tables for the new Noble Cultural and Activity Center
- Three war murals created by the OPSU art department mounted outside the McKee Library
- The purchase of a digital video camera to document oral Histories for the Centennial Celebration in 2009
- Clocktower Chime Upgrade - The campus clocktower required an upgrade to play music again. The upgrade was made in 2012 also allowing digital recording via a keyboard attachment, as well as a libray of many pre-recorded tracks.
Current Projects in progress are:
- The Barbecue Beef Fund Endowment - The association provides a free Barbecue during homecoming and after the parade. It is the goal of the association to endow $40,000 so that the interest earned on that endowment will cover the cost of the barbecue completely. As of 10/21/2011, we have approximately $30,000 in the fund.