Oklahoma Panhandle State University
Admission RequirementsDownload the complete Application Package here.
Carefully complete the following admission requirements and mail them to:
Oklahoma Panhandle State University International Students Office PO Box 430 Goodwell, OK 73939
We look forward to welcoming you at OPSU!
**PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEND OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS STAMPED AND SEALED BY THE ISSUING INSTITUTION IN A SEALED ENVELOPE. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT SCANNED OR FAXED DOCUMENTS, NOR WILL WE ACCEPT DOCUMENTS WITH SCANNED IMAGES OF STAMPS OR SEALS.
- Application Form: Each section of the application must be completed.The applicant is required to complete and sign the application.
- The following must be submitted by your high school in a sealed envelope unless indicated otherwise:
- Secondary School Transcripts: International students must have the equivalent highschool education from their country. Your high school should send the official transcript directly to OPSU.
- Diploma: Your high school should submit a copy of secondary school exam certificate or a diploma. If you took the WAEC exam, please request WAEC or your high school to send your certificate directly to OPSU. You may also mail your scratch card for confirmation of your results online. NECO is not accepted.
- English Proficiency: A waiver of English proficiency can also be obtained for students who have graduated from an English speaking high-school institution, and for those from West Africa, scored at least a C6 (credit) on the English section of the WAEC exam. Official TOEFL or IELTS scores or a waiver of English proficiency are required of all applicants except for those from Australia, United Kingdom, English-speaking provinces in Canada or the Caribbean. TOEFL score requirements that must be met for admission and sent directly from ETS are an official TOEFL score of 500 paper-based or 173 computer-based or 61 internet-based. IELTS score requirements that must be met for admission and sent directly from IELTS are an official IELTS score of 6.0. A waiver of English proficiency can be obtained for students who have earned 24 hours of college-level credit, with passing grades, at a recognized college/university which is located in an English speaking country and whose language of instruction is English. A waiver of English proficiency can also be obtained for students who have had 4 units of English at an American High School, or completed grades 10-12 at an American High School and received a diploma.
- College Transcripts: If you are a transfer student from a U.S. institution or Higher Learning, you will need to submit official transcripts (transcript of course work) from each institution. You will also need to fill out a transfer form that can be obtained from the International Student's Office. If you are a transfer student from an institution outside the U.S., you will need to submit a 'Course by Course' description report from a specialized foreign credential evaluation organization. OPSU recommends that you use our recommendations in the bottom portion of this email.
- SAT/ACT College Entrance Exams: Exam scores must be sent directly from Collegeboard to OPSU if you are not 21 years or older. You will not be allowed to enroll until you provide us with a copy of your SAT or ACT score. You will be more likely to receive a visa when you visit the embassy if you have an SAT or ACT score.
- Financial Sponsorship: A student must provide proof of financial support for the period
of time necessary to complete degree requirements.
- Complete the Financial Guarantee Form provided by OPSU by completing the first and second pages. A bank official will complete the bottom portion of the second page and stamp or seal in the marked box. This form must be stamped by your sponsor’s bank in order for you to be accepted to OPSU. The financial guarantee must be dated within 6 months of the I-20 issuance and is only valid for one year.
- Submit a Bank Statement to accompany the Financial Guarantee Form. The bank statement must be original, show the balance of the account, and must be dated within six months of the Form I-20 being issued. Photocopies must be stamped by the bank and sealed in an envelope.OR
- If your bank is unwilling to complete the previous two requirements, we will accept a Bank Letter. The bank letter should be on bank letterhead, signed and stamped by a bank official, and include the following: 1) Name of account holder – If the account is the sponsor’s business, the letter should document it and 2) Current account balance in U.S. dollars.
- University Health Requirements: Oklahoma state law requires that all new students who attend Oklahoma colleges and universities for the first time provide proof of immunization for certain diseases. You must complete the University Health Requirements form and Compliance form to show you have completed the health requirements. You may complete the Exemption form if you have any objections to receiving the immunizations. You must receive your first dose of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and Hepatitis B before admission, unless the Exemption form is completed. A Tuberculosis Skin Test/ t-spot test is required for admission to OPSU, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Passport: If you have a passport, you must provide a photocopy.
Note: Once students are accepted and receive a visa, they are required to pay full cost for tuition and fees before arrival through wire transfer. Students should not wire personal spending money with their school fees.
Any student who has attended a university overseas must have their college transcripts validated. We cannot validate accreditation using local resources, so you will have to utilize an independent validation agency, approved by OPSU, to validate your transcripts and institution accreditation. Below is a list of institutions that offer this service.