Oklahoma Panhandle State University
16th Annual Panhandle Area Art Jubilee
April 9, 2014
The Oklahoma Panhandle State University Art Department, Images, and the Oklahoma Arts Council cordially invite your school to the 16th Annual Panhandle Area Art Jubilee. We would like to see your art students on the OPSU campus for a day of art activities on April 9, 2014. Contest events include the legendary Sidewalk chalk drawing, computer graphics, pottery, and a quick draw. The demonstrations will include potter’s wheel throwing, assembling of wheel thrown clay pieces, raku firing techniques, pastels, watercolor painting, encaustic painting, computer animation, and photography.
The Art Show entry pieces need to be in the OPSU Ballroom by 9:00 A.M. There will be a free meal held on campus at lunch for Jubilee and Scholastic Contest participants.
- Turn in your school's Sweepstakes Entry Form (included in this packet) at check-in time in the Ballroom.
- Contests will begin promptly at their established times.
- Any team found to have used any type of fixative or any medium not approved by Contest Proctors in the Sidewalk Chalk Contest will be disqualified from the Sidewalk Chalk Contest and the Sweepstakes Contest. Please have proctors check your materials before you start!
- There will be several schools in attendance so make sure you allocate enough time to check-in (please have your entry forms ready when you arrive).
- One student will only be allowed to enter three pieces of work in the entire Art Show (not three pieces per category).
- A student must be present during check-in and during the awards ceremony to win prize money. No exceptions will be made.
- Meal tickets will be given to the teacher at the time of check-in in the Ballroom. Art Jubilee officials will only furnish the teacher with enough meal tickets for the number of students present during check-in plus the number of teachers/sponsors accompanying the students plus bus drivers.
- The day will culminate in an awards ceremony in the Hughes-Strong Auditorium.
- If you have any questions or concerns you may contact the OPSU Art Department at David Elder or 580-349-1484 and ask for David Elder.